Last year I ate some pretty friggin amazing bites at L.A. Times' The Taste, so I'm pretty excited one of LA's preeminent (and affordable) food festivals will return to Paramount Studios in Hollywood once again this Labor Day weekend. This year's five events, spanning the three day holiday weekend, will feature some of the city's top restaurants. Here is the 2013 schedule:
· Opening Night Presented by Tequila Don Julio – Fri., Aug. 30th, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.Early bird tickets (which are significantly cheaper than at the door) tickets are available now.
The Times Food team along with chefs and bartenders participating over the weekend will come together for a special opening night soirée with a focused collection of tastings, distinctive cocktail and wine offerings, and live entertainment.
· Field to Fork – Sat., Aug. 31st, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Russ Parsons (Times Food Editor) and Michael Cimarusti (Providence, Connie and Ted's) host a day inspired by fresh, local ingredients and the pleasure of cooking – and eating – seasonal dishes.
· Flavors of L.A. – Sat., Aug. 31st, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
Jonathan Gold (Times Restaurant Critic) and Sang Yoon (Father's Office and Lukshon) host an event full of authentic dishes from around the world via the best local restaurants.
· Labor Day Block Party – Sun., Sept. 1st, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Noelle Carter (Times Test Kitchen Director) and Nancy Silverton (Mozza) host a celebration of the dishes that exemplify an end-of-summer bash with family and friends.
· Cocktail Confidential – Sun., Sept. 1st, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
Betty Hallock (Times Deputy Food Editor), Jessica Gelt (Food & Night Life Writer) and LA cocktail specialist Matthew Biancaniello host an evening dedicated to the culinary creations and libations that typify cocktail culture.